Monday, October 4, 2010

Wearing One Shirt At A Time!

Thanks Mark for your timely analogy between your clothing items found within your closet and specific action items that need to be done within one's REI business (Webisode #260) in order to be successful. URL: http://www.virtualdealfactory.com/video.php?video_id=283

I agree that with so much stuff (action items) that needs to be done, unless you have a systematic plan or approach in identifying and doing them all, you can easily feel overwhelmed and have the temptation of wanting to quit.

When you think of wearing only one shirt, pants, belt, shoes, etc. at a time and equate that with placing an ads online, making a phone call, writing a blog, contacting a prospective seller, buyer, and partner (the list never ends), you can only do one time at a time. However you can have multiple items in the fire being worked on at the same time! But even with these, they require a single effort of getting each one going. You can only take one step at a time. If you try to take too many at a time what usually happens to me is that I fall flat on my face. So here's another opportunity for Mark's often used slogan of "Keep It Simple" being said here.

So what has helped me in staying focused is having a partner to throw things around with. Often we have these coordinating sessions in which we evaluate the needs - needing to be done as well as having a prioritizing scheme to work from. What items should be done first (highest priority), second, etc. That way my wheels are less likely to spin with no ground or little ground being made. So my hat (if I wore one) goes off to Mona, not only my wife/friend of 29 years plus, but also to my business partner/co-owner of our "Rainbow Home Solutions" business. Thanks my love!

Thanks again Mark for your timely comments that you shared within VDF family!

Be of Good Cheer! Mark B.

http://www.virtualdealfactory.com/blog.php?route=view&blog_id=376

No comments:

Post a Comment