Monday, October 4, 2010

What's a Blog? One Prospective...

When I started writing Blogs for VDF (first Blog of any type), it was one of the hardest things for me to do! If you know me at all, you know that I'm very left brain, very detailed oriented (due to my safety engineering and medical research background) at times - in extreme. Part of that problem is that I agonize over the simplest writing assignment - sometimes as if I'm performing labor. But since I'm a man, that's impossible for me to do - at least physically. So I do that mentally instead.

I also thought that Blogging came in one shape and size. Boy, I was totally wet behind the ears on that one. You know the saying that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (the person who's looking or perceiving)". Well the same could be said about Blogs - "Blogging is in the eye of the beholder"! Whether you'd be the one writing the Blog (aka Blogger) or a reader of the Blog, the Blog comes in all shapes, contents and sizes. At the time of putting on this Blog, there has been 300 Blogs placed within the VDF 2.0 platform. The types of Bogs that you'll see are those with a personal prospective, links to articles or news reports, potential real estate deals, advertisements for services, music, videos, etc. You name it - it's there!

I really didn't know what I was missing until I took the time to not only write a Blog but to start reading the other Blogs written by other VDFers. All I can say is, "Keep on Blogging"! You have shown me that Blogs are never ending in shapes (types/contents) and sizes. For you fellow Bloggers, I thank you for giving me that better prospective that I now have. For those of you that haven't taken the plunge into Blogging yet, I challenge you to do so within this month.

Always remember that what you're writing about within your Blog will be needed by someone else (the reader) other than yourself. Don't think that what you're writing about has no significance at all. Because your Blogs are significant. Whether it's one person or many, your message can be heard and understood mentally and emotionally. When this is done, you are becoming a Blogger - another type of service provider!

Well, I could probably go on - but I won't. Other than to say not only keep on Blogging but also take the time to read other's Blogs because there are real nuggets of treasure hidden inside them! But if we never read them, that treasure within the chest will forever remain hidden. And lets face it, we all could use additional treasure within our lives!

You have a great week and Keep on rock'n! Your Investment Buddy/Blogger, Mark B.

http://www.virtualdealfactory.com/blog.php?route=view&blog_id=407

No comments:

Post a Comment